Must not be selfish

As I looked back into my past, there's one thing prominent about myself


I'm a selfish dude

Everything I do, I do it for myself

In as much as I claim that I'm doing something for someone else

At the end of the day, the one who benefits is also myself

Sometimes I wonder, what would make me stop being like this?
To be able to give without expecting anything in return
To be able to provide without anyone providing in return
To be able to love without being loved in return
To be able to forgive without being forgiven

To be honest, I do not know how

Nor do I know whether such thing exist in life or not


In my past, things became bad because I love to give pressure to others

Releasing all the pressure from myself, I simply pass it on for others to hold it

From myself being the one who makes decision, I pass the baton for others to decide

Now, I think I shouldn't do that anymore

If there's anyone who is supposed to hold onto it


It'll be me


Not You


I will hold on to it for now.

Although I do not know what would be the answer at the end of the day

I just do not wish to pressure anyone


Everything that I do now, I'm doing it for you
I just hope that, I'm not lying to myself 

-Signing off-
Posted on 3:48 AM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: