How heavy is it?

Things had been pretty pressurizing and burdening these days. High expectations, tight deadlines and extremely packed schedule of work is one of the main factors. Honestly, it's just getting tougher as the deadlines are fast approaching now. At times, the option of giving up and just getting over it would actually appear in me. However, deep down inside me I know that it isn't a way and it will not ever be a way to get things done.

Knowing that giving up isn't the way, at a point of trying so hard to pursue my goal, I'll start to wonder why am I even working so hard if there's so many easy way out? Well, perhaps it's because of who I am, someone who wants the best. This eventually gave me so much pressure and burden in everything I do because in whatever I do, I want to be better than others, be the best. Be the number 1 in everything. It was only until few months ago that I realized that it was plain mistake doing so. It happened when I felt so hopeless when I can't produce something I visualized in my mind, I can't bring out what I felt would be good and circumstances just don't allow me to do so.


It was very tiring being like that. In front of friends, family and the public, I have the need to be strong and act as if nothing is happening but deep inside me, everything was crumbling like how the "Angry Bird" crashes into those wooden blocks. Only then I realized something very important in life. Something that I should have got to know long ago so that I may actually prevent so much sorrow and pain from happening.

In everything I do, I should have just been myself. Doing the best I could is the only thing that is important. How would the outcome be, it's an extra. Competition should be with one's self and not other people and sometimes, learn to let go.

I remembered Mun Ming, my band instructor told me something very meaningful and true.

"Hold an exercise book for 1 minute, you won't feel anything at all as it is very light."
"Hold the same exercise book for 1 hour, you'll be feeling tired and feel like giving up"
"Continue holding it for 1 day, you'll be so tired that you would eventually fall"

My point is, when something is being held so tightly for such a long period of time, it actually kills a person slowly. Why not try to let go for a bit? Maybe after a good rest, things would work out better? One principles which had always followed me in my life when I'm having any trouble is 3 simple words. STOP, LOOK and GO. When you're just too tired, stop whatever you're doing. Have a rest, start looking for other ways or other approach, then go. It's just like how a traffic light functions, and it save lives from accidents. Perhaps it's a better way for you and for me.

Just some thoughts from within me.
I don't even know why am I writing this anyway
Posted on 10:01 PM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: