What's my price?

This particular phrase struck my mind just now when I was cycling back from a group discussion for an assignment tomorrow. Somehow or rather, I do feel myself kinda 'useless' in the group other than acting stupid and being lame. When it comes to the discussion part, I'm never one of the idea giver but instead, someone who just sit by the side and listen. That really made me think, who am I actually in the eyes of others. Most importantly, do I even have a price? worthiness? usefulness?

What's my price?

Anyways, crap aside. I've just finished my public speaking mid term test and well, to be honest, I think it went quite well although I do get blurred. I finished the whole paper in 5 minutes! Blergh, nothing to be proud of. Anyway, will be having more test in days to come so do wish me luck.

-Signing off-

You and I
Separated by great barriers
That's not what I want
But what can be done?

Posted on 12:33 AM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 9 Comments »

9 comments:

Anonymous said... @ July 15, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Your price?

RM1 million! =D

kenwooi.com

Summergirl said... @ July 15, 2009 at 11:39 AM

eeeek........jeffery, don't worry la....i am also always not the idea giver..... i also tend to feel useless..............hehehe

Aaron Oo said... @ July 15, 2009 at 6:56 PM

In a discussion, all can't be idea givers. Sometimes it's good to be the thinkers (the quiet ones) because you are thinking and weighing their ideas from different aspects.

Do not feel useless just because you're unable to contribute. When the time is right, you'll know what to do. Just think about it, if everyone would want to contribute and there's no decision achievement why a group discussion?

Stay focus with the idea and think about it. When you meet up the next round, who knows you are able to rectify the problem. As long as you don't deviate from the topic it'd be fine.

Till then cheerio.

Jeffery Chan said... @ July 15, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Aaron still reads my blog. =) yay :D
Well, I think someone cleared this off for me. Thanks guys. =)

Anonymous said... @ July 16, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Cheer up man. ^^

Aaron Oo said... @ July 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Yes Jeffery Chan, I still do read your blog (feeling irritated)! I'm just a "quiet" person only. I got your blog add but did you add mine?

Check you later. Bye.

Jefferychan said... @ July 16, 2009 at 5:36 PM

lolz .. sorry la aaron >.<
Aku sudah terlampau malas :(
After my exams later I add u ^^

Anonymous said... @ July 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM

If you ask me to give a price, I'll say it cannot be measure.. Infinity.You are some one special since yuo're borned.special for me and for every one. Und?? Every one has a purpose in the world. Same to you. If you felt lost, pray to God instead of blaming yourselves. Ask, and it'll be given to you. Cheer up!! Stick to God, you will see every thing is difference.

Anonymous said... @ August 16, 2009 at 10:27 AM

All of us have an invaluable price tag in God's eyes :) anyway in group work, u always tend to have some who talk more, some who do more and some who do nothing (the passengers) :P