Yes, I'm from a 'Kampung'

Today was one of the days which I really hate to be in, but also a day in which I will remember for a lifetime. Why? Because it is today that I finally see reality. The ugly truth that I what I've always believed in, is really near non-existence.

I come from a small town of Ipoh, where people do not always compete to the death just in order to stay at the top; for money, pride & whatever that comes into place. I am always a firm believer that in life, the most important thing is to be happy, spread goodwill and give as we are able to.

However, sometimes reality just have to give me a big slap on my face for no apparent reason, to make my stance shaken.Then again, although my stance had never been shaken off, sometimes I really do feel sad when things like this happen to people around me.

I really missed the time where people are so simple minded, rather than how people around me are; competitive, cunning and complicated. Every single one will just simply try their best to do the things they are supposed to, not trying to take each other out so that they are at the top!

Problems that can be solved in a matter of SECONDS, gets questioned and delayed to the point of hours, days and even months for no apparent reason. Seriously? If time is such a valuable thing in life, why bother wasting it?

Everyone have their own point of view in life, and how they define life as it is. Rather than choosing a way where cunningness, competitiveness and trying so hard JUST TO WIN A RAT RACE; where there's no end - I choose to stay happy, give willingly and be simple.

When everyone is trying to make a fuss of their life and trying to earn big bucks, I am here doing my own job and continue to learn through life because honestly, I don't see the reason of trying so hard to win, if there are more important things in life for me to do.

I am disappointed, and honestly sad, but who am I to talk so much, when I am simply a nobody in the eyes of the majority. In fact, sometimes I wonder, will I end up being like the majority in the future?

It's not wrong being successful, high up the corporate level and earning big bucks. But when it kills value such as kindness, respect and goodness - a person just isn't human any more.

Yes, I'm from a small town.
I am naive and have no ambitions in life.
I may regret this in the future, not having stability & a wealthy life in the future
SO WHAT? I'M HAPPY WITH MY LIFE
Posted on 8:30 PM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: