Rants

It's been a long time since I've ever written or posted anything here and to be honest, I don't expect myself to be posting anything here at all. Perhaps from a little bit of encouragement from my lecturer few days ago, I find myself once again sitting down here typing out words and phrases accompanied by beautiful melodies played by Yiruma (Recordings of course)

A lot had happened recently and a lot of things had me thinking day and night. But perhaps the issue today made me think even more, better? It made me decide to write what I feel out here in my blog. It's hard for me to type things down here because things are a little bit hard to explain with words alone, but I'll do my best

I still remembered long ago when I was in secondary school, Form 4 if not mistaken. My class was introduced to a topic of "should classes be streamed according to scores and marks" and students are supposed to be debating on that topic. As usual, a lot of people claimed and supported the motion of classes should be streamed. It was all alright, until a friend of mine decided to say no. He made a point, that when classes are streamed, the good gets better, and the not-so-good gets neglected. Points came out to the point where he questioned, if everyone is out there trying to help the good, who is there to help the bad? Aren't the ones in which attention should be paid on are the weaker ones, or the not-so-good ones? 

It was a lively discussion and we had fun, but what's being said struck my heart up until this moment. That is also a reason, why I always try to look in the perspective of the so called 'bad' people. Even when everyone around tells me how bad a person is, I try to hold judgement until I actually see how things are. True enough, things aren't actually that bad, because everyone tries to be good. It's just that, people always ignore and leave these people behind, because they are not 'up to their standard of life'


This, however is life. The good moves on, the bad moves backwards. But if this continues on, how are things gonna improve? In a group, there's always the quiet ones, the noisy one, the center of attraction and true enough, the odd one. But this is the one and only reason why the group is called a group. Every single one is different and made into an individual by God, and no one have reasons to judge them for who they are. Everyone have their imperfections, but this is what makes everyone perfect.

I may be snobbish at times, but I am just not the guy that can leave one group for the benefit of myself. I just don't understand how other people can do so. Because it's not always about I, my, me and mine. There's always a you, we, and us.I wonder, is this world made to be this way, where everyone just wants to be the best, to get the best out of everything; to the point that many other people are just left behind not because they do not want to move on, but because no one is there to help them?

Honestly, I do not like situations like this. Perhaps because I'm naive and I believe in a perfect world. 

I just don't see reasons, why should I leave things behind so that I may gain the benefit
I may have lost a lot of things because of this belief and action of mine
But never had I regret such decision in my life

I believe everyone have values in them
No one is 'trash' or 'useless'
Posted on 8:07 PM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: