"Better Life"

I've been through a crazy 3 days for the past 72 hours and I gotta say, I'm glad I'm still alive. 1 deadline for each day and having 3 deadlines in the span of 2 days have got me really bushed up to the point that I don't even know what is tired anymore; all I know is I get hyper, and make a fool out of myself. Some of my friends can confirm this as they saw too much of my retardation. Then again, being busy does not make me stop thinking, pondering and evaluating my life.

I was at this poster exhibition organized by people from my course (unfortunately I didnt get to organize it as I was terribly sick for 2 weeks; ending up blurring through the whole week after that). Really unfortunate, because it was good. It's just a small event, but had really brought out the meaning of the theme "Better Life". I still remember how touching some of the presenters did that can really shed tears out of jokers like me. Nevertheless, what got me thinking is actually not from the presenters but from the Dean of my faculty.

He told us one thing about the theme "Better Life". The point that I remembered most is where he said "I left my job and came to UTAR, all for a better life". Then he elaborated about leaving things behind because there is something better. Which really got me thinking. I tend to be someone who holds onto things very hard and I am always reluctant to let go. Some see this as the strength in me, but now that I started to think of it, this may be one of the weakest point of my life too.

I've been holding onto things too tightly sometimes, not willing to let go; not willing to go the distance. Perhaps the best example was on my relationship where I took almost 1 1/2 years to get rid of my past relationship issue, and well even now, I'm still 'holding on' to these problems. In as much as patience usually gives success, the patience that I have is actually killing me. It's using up all the time I have in my life for nothing. Perhaps I should, leave the past behind and go forward for a better life.

Which means, I'll put things that I dear most down too
Most notably, you. It's been a long time, but perhaps it's time to cut things off.
Things just wouldn't work out although I've really tried my hearts out.
Thus, perhaps I shouldn't be doing anything any longer.

Perhaps I should just move on
I'll just move forward, for my "better life"
Posted on 3:49 AM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments: