Nomads

Ever heard of the word "Nomad"? If you've been through Form 5 History, I'd hope that you would actually know else I will be wondering what have you guys been doing in high school. But for the benefit for my readers, nomads are usually a group of people in ancient time who do not have a specific settling place. They live from day to day, travelling and changing their settlement every time they run out of resources. In other words, they have no place in the world that they are actually close to and can go to when they are really in need.

That's for this group of people. What about me? To be honest, I use this word to represent myself after thinking and pondering upon my life for the past few hours. I've been going group by group, places by places, societies by societies; getting to know so many people but yet when I ask myself who and which part of it I am actually an "ingroup", I couldn't answer to that. It is as what one of my friend used to say; "A person who joins numerous groups, having gatherings and activities lined up, but do not actually have a place or group of people that can be called "home" After such realisation, I finally found out that I'm just trying to hard to fit into groups, and getting into groups; because at the end of the day - I'm more like alone the whole time.

I don't know why am I feeling this, whether I'm thinking a little too much or not. 

But truth to be told, I really feel lonely all the time. 
People asked me to embrace the loneliness and enjoy it.
But honestly, I do not know how

You know, when I look back into my life since Form 1
I just realised I've never actually 'had' a proper 'in-group'
Which made me wonder

What had I been doing since that time?
Nothing.
Posted on 1:13 AM by Jeffery Chan and filed under | 1 Comments »

1 comments:

Anonymous said... @ February 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

You are lost.
Pray, calm yourself down.
If no one really listens to your problems, as everyone just wants someone to hear theirs, pray.
Cry, sob, rant all you want, the answers will come to you. Maybe it's God. Maybe it's you. The answer is there. A good answer, a happy answer.

Stop looking for a life. Don't look at others, you will make yourself miserable.
Look at yourself.
Do something to boost that dwindling confidence in you. Play your flute, music is fun. When you play you also calm down a bit. Forget the world, only you exist to make the beautiful sound.

Find out your priorities. Make a list on how to achieve them. You don't have to follow it, just write it down, sort out your mind.
Have faith.

Love somebody, when you have someone you love, you have something to live for. Your parents, your siblings, a best friend, a stranger, God.
Go and love the world, and surely the world will love you. Maybe sad things will happen, surely they will, but it doesn't mean God hates you. You were just there, you experienced it, learn from it, let it go.
And love.

You are living your life anew everyday. You will defeat your fears.

I look forward to seeing you succeed :)
You will.

From: A Thorn (possibly)